Welcome to Best Online MBA Guides. We are dedicated to helping you find the best information on MBA programs that is available online, and we are a top resource for current and future MBA students. Whether you are interested in learning about an online MBA, want a list of the top MBA programs, trying to understand the requirements of the MBA degree, or need to know anything else about the MBA, you can find what you are looking for on this site.
The MBA Degree
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is a highly respected graduate-level qualification that indicates an individual’s business knowledge and experience. Those who have successfully completed one of the best MBA programs online or in a traditional college setting have gone through an intensive series of courses and fieldwork to learn more about being an effective leader in both the profit and non-profit worlds. Companies of all shapes and sizes are looking for qualified leaders, and those who have earned their Masters of Business Administration are preferred candidates for these positions.
A Masters in Business Administration is an advanced degree that covers all aspects of the corporate world. Students in a traditional or online MBA program take courses in accounting, marketing, leadership strategies and development, and much more. Often, those who are in top MBA programs decide to concentrate in a specific field such as healthcare or marketing, but a more general, non-focused Master of Business Administration degree is also in high demand.
The Advantages of The Best Online MBA Guides’ Website
Here at The Best Online MBA Guides, we understand that you have many questions about the requirements for different MBA programs, the advantages of earning a Masters of Business Administration, funding an MBA degree, and much more. That is why we have developed this comprehensive resource to help you get started down the path towards a Masters in Business Administration. Here is just some of what you will find on our comprehensive site:
• Under the Best Online MBA Programs tab, you will find full details on the best MBA programs in the country. Please do not let the title of the tab fool you. Although we want you to understand the advantages of an online MBA, we also know that a traditional MBA may be the best program for you. Our program rankings include both online and traditional programs.
When you go to this section of our website, you will also find general information on the average salary that you can earn with a Masters of Business Administration, as well as data on the different prerequisites for the degree. We link to several helpful articles online to make sure that you get the best information available on the top MBA programs. We want to be your comprehensive resource for excellent news and information on MBA programs, so we are unafraid to point you elsewhere when we find something that you should find helpful.
• Click on the Best MBA Majors tab to find resources related to several different area concentrations available in many Master of Business Administration programs. Want to learn more about the MBA in marketing? You can find what you are looking for here. Are you interested in finance and accounting, and do you want to find out if an MBA degree can benefit you in these fields? Check out the information we provide on the finance MBA degree. Perhaps you have always been interested in healthcare but do not have the necessary training to become a doctor or a nurse. You are in luck because an MBA in healthcare can help you prepare for a fulfilling career in healthcare administration. Just click on the Best Healthcare MBA Degree Programs in this section.
• For the latest news and updates, click on our Blog link at the top of the page. Here you will find the latest news about the MBA degree as well as information on the top career choices for graduates of the best MBA programs. This is the best place to be kept up to date on MBA benefits and demand, so make sure to check it daily or subscribe to our RSS feed so that you do not miss any information.
The MBA Is for You
Whether you work in the profit or non-profit world, chances are good that a Masters in Business Administration will only benefit you and your career. Browse our site and come back often so that you can have all the information you need to enroll in and complete the right MBA program.
Top Ranked Online MBA Programs
You take your education seriously, so you want to make sure that you enroll in the best online MBA program possible. A degree from one of the top ranked MBA programs, after all, can be your ticket to career success. Those who hold a degree from an accredited master of Business Administration (MBA) program are likely to earn more over the course of their career than those who do not have the degree. Furthermore, a degree from one of the top ranked online MBA programs also gives you a better chance of not only earning a good salary but also greater odds that you will secure the job you want more than all others.
MBA Program Rankings
When you are considering a master’s degree in business administration, you should keep several things in mind about MBA programs. Rankings for these programs, in the first place, do not follow a universal standard. Different news outlets, professional associations, and so on all apply slightly different criteria for their online MBA program rankings. It is entirely possible, therefore, to find top ten lists for MBA programs that differ completely as to the schools that are included and their placement on the list.
Although the top lists differ for online MBA programs, rankings also follow some standards. To be considered one of the top ranked MBA programs at all, a good MBA program must be properly accredited. A program cannot make it into any list of top ranked online MBA programs unless the institution as a whole is accredited by a recognized accrediting body. Additionally, the best degrees will also come from business-specific accredited online MBA programs. Rankings take into account whether an MBA program has been certified by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The AACSB is the standard internationally recognized accrediting body for business schools, departments, and colleges, and the best online MBA program on any list of MBA program rankings will almost always be an AACSB-accredited school.
When you are looking at MBA programs, rankings are not your only consideration. You should always go beyond an MBA program ranking list and conduct your own research into possible programs. Here are some things you should consider that go beyond a simple list of the best online MBA program rankings:
• Cost and Placement — Many of the top ranked online MBA programs that are found across many lists of top ranked MBA programs have high attendance costs. However, these costs are not necessarily worth it if the MBA program does not markedly increase your odds of getting a job after graduation. The best online MBA program for you is not always the costliest program. After all, there are many highly rated online MBA degree programs that may not appear on a top 10 list even though their graduates do just as well in the job market as costlier, more highly ranked programs. Your consideration of cost should also consider the likelihood of getting federal assistance for college, as that will make your degree more affordable.
• Faculty Access and Involvement — The typical MBA program ranking criteria typically take the quality of the faculty into account. Programs with faculty who are recognized leaders in the field tend to be ranked more highly than those with faculty who are not as well known. Yet when you are considering different online MBA programs, you should consider more than just the scholarly reputation of the faculty. Sometimes, MBA program rankings do not give students an accurate idea of how easy it will be to contact and receive mentoring from faculty members. This is something you should look into carefully, as a highly ranked program may not do you much good if it is hard to get one-on-one attention from a faculty member.
• Specialization Possibilities — When it comes to online MBA programs, rankings often take into account the number of concentrations or specializations that are available to graduate students. Yet the sheer number of specialization or concentration possibilities is not necessarily sufficient to tell you whether or not you should attend a particular school. A great MBA program ranking will not do you much good if you cannot specialize in your area of interest. So make sure that the schools you are considering contain the specific field of interest that you want to pursue even if their online MBA program rankings are consistently high. This is true whether your area of interest is marketing, healthcare, or another field.
As far as the quality of MBA programs, rankings do not necessarily tell the whole story. If you keep the aforementioned suggestions in mind, however, you will get a more complete view of the MBA programs in which you are interested. This will make it easier to choose the best program for you and thereby enjoy all its benefits.
Best Online MBA Programs, No GMAT Required
The Graduate Management Admission Test, or GMAT, is a standardized exam that evaluates individual mathematics and English capabilities. Historically, MBA schools—and many other advanced-degree programs—required applicants to obtain a specific score on the GMAT before obtaining institution acceptance. These days, however, this pre-requisite is becoming less and less common—especially among online MBA schools. Individuals who are interested in applying to a specific program should always research pre-requisites before submitting their application to avoid possible rejection. University administrators and program leaders can provide guidance and assistance when it comes to determining if a GMAT is necessary.
Top Online MBA Schools
As individuals work longer hours and have increasingly hectic schedules, pursuing an online MBA no GMAT required becomes more and more appealing. While there are a number of top online MBA no GMAT required schools currently in existence, some of the highest quality include the Turk School of Business, the Columbia Business School, and the Stern School of Business. Other high quality online MBA no GMAT required programs include the Harvard Business School and the Stanford Graduate School of Business MBA programs. Other smaller, locally-recognized programs may also offer a high-quality education.
Why Should You Attend one of the Best Online MBA Schools?
Individuals choose to attend online MBA schools for a variety of reasons. Some individuals are not within the vicinity of a high quality school that offers an MBA with GMAT waived program. Still others—who may have access to an institution that offers an MBA with GMAT waived program—often work long hours and cannot attend traditionally-scheduled classes. Finally, some people who wish to pursue an MBA with GMAT waived program can only afford to take a few classes at a time, and not a “full load.” These, and a variety of other reasons, explain why many individuals choose to pursue enrollment in online MBA programs no GMAT required.
General MBA Courses
MBA no GMAT required programs often feature specific coursework that students must complete before graduation. While this coursework may vary slightly from institution to institution, most MBA no GMAT required programs oblige students to pass classes in management, information technology, accounting, finance, and economics. In some cases, MBA no GMAT required programs may also require students to complete a one-semester internship in an area of their choosing. These internships are often done during the summer semester, when course loads are lighter.
Best MBA Career Opportunities
Over the past few years, career opportunities for MBA, GMAT waived graduates have been difficult to find. Employment shifts both in the United States and abroad meant that some MBA, GMAT waived graduates had to wait several months—if not a year or more—to obtain employment upon graduation. Luckily, many experts agree that job options for MBA, GMAT waived graduates are improving significantly. Careers in international business, information technology, and “green technology,” appear to be especially popular.
General MBA Admissions & Educational Requirements for the Best MBA’s
In general, students who wish to obtain acceptance to online MBA programs, no GMAT required must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in the field of business. In some cases, online MBA programs, no GMAT required may be easier to get into for students who already obtain an advanced degree in law, accounting, or another similar field. In addition, online MBA programs, no GMAT required often expect applicants to possess paid-work experience in the field of business. Applicants who do not have paid experience may still be able to obtain acceptance through volunteer or internship-related work.
Accredited Online MBA Schools
Individuals who wish to pursue MBA online, no GMAT required programs should ensure that the institution of their choosing has been accredited. Accreditation refers to the process by which the educational standards and integrity of a particular college or university are reviewed and deemed acceptable by governing bodies. The MBA online, no GMAT required institutions mentioned previously have all been accredited within the United States and abroad. Individuals who are concerned about the accreditation standards of their MBA online, no GMAT required program may want to speak with program leaders and professors before submitting tuition fees.
Professional Organizations for MBA Graduates
Some graduates choose to participate in professional organizations upon completing their MBA programs. While joining a professional organization is not required, it can be an effective way to network and communicate with others in the field. One of the most popular professional organizations for MBA graduates is the Association of MBAs. Other smaller groups may be available on a state-to-state basis.